Thursday, January 31, 2013

3 workouts, 1 day

Hello!

Yesterday Lorelei and I had a busy day. We visited my grandma. She doesn't live that far from here, about an hour, but we don't get there often.





Somehow, Paul managed to get out right after 5. He NEVER gets out that early. We took advantage of our time together and took Lorelei to a movie.



Also, yesterday was my third day off from running. After my terrible long run on Sunday I've been giving myself a break. In the week or so leading up to that run I was struggling and the thought occured to me that maybe I was on the verge of overtraining. Maybe it's just too much too soon. Here is a pretty good article about overtraining.

Today Paul started a month of nights so we were going to run this morning. I knew it was going to be cold and windy, but we've run in wind advisories before. The weather was much worse than anticipated so we didn't go. I did do a 30 minute Pilates workout and a 40 minute barre workout though. The Pilates workout felt pointless, but I was tired after the barre. I found both of these workouts on YouTube. It's seriously a great place to find at home workouts. Lorelei was mostly cooperative, she only jumped on or hung off me a few times. I set her up at the table with some paint and then lunch so she was busy and I could still keep an eye on her. When you're a mom you've gotta get creative to get those workouts in.

My lunch was amazing.


Organic mixed greens, cucumber, carrots, strawberries, cheese, chia seeds, salmon, and oil and vinegar. I could eat this every day. It was that good. A mug of cinnamon spice tea on the side. Oh, did you see this article about vegetarians being less likely to be hospitalized or die from heart disease? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We eat too much meat! Paul looked at some of the actual article (not the one I linked to, the one with all the medical lingo) this morning and said it was very interesting.

I got these in the mail today. The day Runner's World arrives is the best day of the month.



I was planning to spend some time reading them this afternoon, but Lorelei wanted to go to the gym to play with her friends. She doesn't ask to go often, usually I force her, so we went. I ran 4 slow miles on the mill. It felt good, nothing hurt. But running that slow was really boring and it seemed to take forever! Doing 3 workouts in one day has thoroughly tired me out, or something has anyway. I'm looking forward to parking myself on the couch after the girl goes to bed, at 8, sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about running slow on a treadmill, no matter what is on the t.v. it still seems to go on forever. As I said before try slowing things down for awhile and see how you feel. By the way, I love the pics, and that salad looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete