Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Trader Joes and other things

Hey friends!

I hope one of you did a good workout for me yesterday. I had a total rest day. It was pretty nice to just be a little lazy. I'm sort of continuing that trend today.

I needed to go to trader Joes to get a few things, mainly wine, but a few other things too. I just did a quick little workout before I got in the shower. It was 50 (mostly modified) push ups, a 2 minute plank, and an assortment of other ab exercises. I'm planning to do a bit more later after Lorelei goes to bed. It's pretty easy for me to do random workouts when I'm watching tv. And the workouts are much less boring that way too.

Speaking of Trader Joes, if you don't have one near you I'm very sorry. Also, you should think about moving. Where else can you buy bottles of wine that actually taste good for $3? Worth the move I think. Besides wine I got a few of my other favorite things: pub cheese, pretzel bread, and nut butters (today I got peanut butter and sunflower seed butter). They have the best pumpernickel pretzel sticks but I didn't get any because I have lots of regular pretzels left over from the cookies I made the other day.

These guys don't stand a chance in this house. Just give me a spoon. Or the bag of pretzels, that's more acceptable I guess.


Also, I've been meaning to tell you that I read something in the January/February issue of Women's Running that you might like. I certainly like it. They say your fitness level is a lot more important than your weight. Research shows that "overweight fit people are less likely to die from chronic disease than those who are thin and out of shape." It's nice for people to know that skinny doesn't necessarily equal healthy. Now maybe people will stop trying to be skinny and start trying to be healthy. If they were smart they would. I think trying to be healthy ultimately leads to weight loss anyway, right? Also, it doesn't specify how overweight. But I assume they are referring to BMI.


Do you ever do workouts while you're watching tv?
Any trader Joes lovers out there? What's your favorite thing from TJ's?

No comments:

Post a Comment