Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Best Day Ever!

Ok, so it's not really the best day ever, but so far it's been pretty great.

When it comes to running when I'm sick I follow the "neck rule", if I have symptoms below the neck (body aches, fatigue, chest congestion, stomach bugs, ect.) I don't run. If my symptoms are above the neck I'll still usually run but I tend to keep the distance short and the pace easy until I've recovered. If I'm sick and feel like garbage I just take the day off, regardless of the neck rule. The first couple days of this cold I was exhausted and didn't run but the last couple of days I've just had a runny nose and scratchy throat so I've stuffed my pockets with Kleenex and hit the road.

Even though I am sick today's run felt great. I felt like I could run all day. It's been a while since I've had a run like that, too long. I ran with my mom and the pace was really easy. I think that was the key to today's success. Either way, it left me feeling good. And then these little beauties arrived!
The new Brooks PureFlow 2s!

Paul ordered them for me for Christmas and I've been not so patiently waiting. I'm bummed that they got here right after my run, but you can bet I'll be testing them out tomorrow. This is my third pair of PureFlows and I think it's safe to say that I'll be wearing these on my runs until they stop making them. They better never stop making them. I wear them for all my runs, I'm not fancy (rich) enough to have different shoes for different runs and these work perfectly for all of them. I even wore them for the marathon. The first version of the PureFlows is pretty cheap now because the new ones are out. If you've thought about trying them now is the time. They're great for forefoot strikers without pronation issues. I can't say enough good things about them.

2 comments:

  1. Even though I started out way to hard - I felt so much better emotionally afterwards. Thank you for running with me today! The shoes are pretty sweet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your shoes, I think my next pair will be those. Good job running today. Doug and I ran on the dreadmill.

    ReplyDelete