Sunday, January 6, 2013

Something New.

Hello, Hope you've had a great Sunday!

I knew I wasn't going to run today. The kids area at the gym isn't open on Sunday and the sidewalks here are treacherous. They have a very thick layer of ice and really hard snow on them. I wanted to do some sort of workout and yesterday I decided on yoga. I wasn't feeling it this morning though, I wanted to do something new. I went on You Tube and found a 40 minute Barre workout. Challenge accepted! It was actually a great workout, my legs were shaking by the end and I thought my arms might fall off. I guess that makes it a success. I'll definitely keep it in the rotation. When I finished it I did some planks since the Barre video seemed light on abs. Jokes on me, I can already tell my abs will be sore tomorrow.

After lunch (spinach salad) Lorelei and I headed to the zoo. I love the zoo in the winter because there aren't many people there. It's really nice. We had a good couple hours of walking around, playing in the snow, and seeing the animals.








Dinner was these...



I had some mushrooms in the fridge that needed to be used up so I sliced them and tossed them in with the "meatballs" along with some garlic, tomatoes, balsalmic vinegar, oregano and basil. Then we ate it over penne with peas on the side. So good!

I think the rest of the evening will be spent playing Hungry Hungry Hippos until Lorelei's bedtime or until we lose all the marbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment