Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Training for Time

Hey guys! Hope you had a good day.

I did a short 3.4 mile tempo run tonight when Paul got home from work. It was sad to see what 1 month of slacking can do to my tempo pace. Also, my running just feels a bit off this week. It seems harder than usual.

The Brooks logo in my shoes is so reflective it's distracting!


First run with the headlamp!


I was talking to my friend Stew last night about how I'm not motivated to train. I realized I'm having a hard time switching from the training to finish mentality that I had last season to a training for time mentality. Last year nearly every distance was new and exciting and finishing was the main goal. I guess not knowing that I could do it made doing the training easier. After the marathon in October my goal was to always be in half marathon shape and I've done a pretty good job of maintaining that fitness level. This should be good news, it makes training to improve my time easier. The problem is that I'm finding training for a better time isn't as exciting as training for a new distance. I know, that's weird. Guess I should try to come up with some time goals to motivate me.
While I'm on the topic of distance, I was really considering doing a 50 miler this year. The problem is that I don't have a babysitter that is closer than 3 hours away. Maybe next year...

So...dinner tonight was sweet and sour "meatballs"



Here's the recipe:
1 package frozen fake meatballs
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 carrot, diced (I used baby carrots and just sliced them)
Pea pods
20 oz can diced pineapple
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
3 Tbsp white vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp corn starch
1/3 cup hot water

Drain pineapple juice and combine with water to make 1 cup, add soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, corn starch and water.
Add sauce, meatballs, carrots, peppers and pineapple to crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours then add pea pods and cook an additional 2 hours. Serve over brown rice.

This came in the mail today. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment