Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cross training?

Does cleaning count as cross training? If it does, I've cross trained the crap out of today. And now I really don't like cross training. I decided to take today off instead of tomorrow because I've got some sore spots I'm dealing with, quad/IT issue and bottom of the foot on my left leg. I knew there would be no running today because everytime I woke up last night and stretched my leg out it hurt.

Anyway, yesterday I did an easy 5 miles. It wasn't great, a little painful. I'm getting pretty frustrated with all this. How does a person train for a marathon with no injuries, and then get all sorts of little issues when they aren't training for anything? I'm trying not to push it because I don't want these little aches and pains to turn into more. On the other hand, it's time to start training! Instead of doing what I want to do I've decided to catch up on the things I keep putting off like cleaning the fish tanks and scraping stickers off the floor. Sounds fun right?  I should also go grocery shopping but I've been putting that off too. I love to eat, but hate shopping for food.

Last night we had pasta which was a bummer because I haven't really been loving pasta lately. By lately I mean for months, even mac n cheese has lost a lot of appeal. I don't know why. Because I was bummed about the pasta I made something else to cheer myself up.

Apple Bread!


This bread was AMAZING! Seriously, we couldn't stop eating it. It's already gone. Shameful. I've made it before, but I changed it up a bit last night because I didn't have exactly what I needed for the original recipe.
Here's what I used: 
1 apple, diced and microwaved for 2 minutes (I didn't peel mine)
6 oz vanilla greek yogurt
4 oz strawberry applesauce (you could use regular, but I only had strawberry. It was good!)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350* Spray bread pan
Combine dry ingredients in medium sized mixing bowl
Combine wet ingredients and apples in another bowl. Mix together and add to dry ingredients
The batter will be really thick. If it's too thick and you can't mix all the flour in you can add a little more applesauce or a splash of milk.
Add batter to sprayed pan and spread it out evenly.
Bake for about 50 minutes.

Try it out and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment