Monday, January 28, 2013

PureFlow 2, a month later

Remember the present Paul got me for Christmas? Now that I've been running in my Brooks PureFlow 2 for about a month I thought I'd do a more in-depth review of them, you know, give you a little more info other than "I love them".

First, let me tell you a little about some of the cool features of the shoe.

It has what Brooks calls an IDEAL Heel which encourages a more forward foot strike which puts your landing over your center of gravity.

The midsole is made of a combination of BioMoGo and Brooks DNA technology for a more responsive ride. Also, it's biodegradeable. Awesome, right?!

It has a split in the toe box (Toe Flex) to enhance flexibility and allow your toes to function more independently. It also allows for better balance.


Here's the split toe.Yeah, they're dirty. Guess that happens when you wear them. Bummer.

They have an anatomical shape which means they contour to the foot and have a glove like fit.

The shoes also have a Nav Band that wraps over the instep which makes for a comfortable arch fit.

I'll admit, when I heard that Brooks was coming out with the next gen of PureFlows I was a little worried because I loved the first ones so much. I quickly realized that the changes they made were good though. These shoes are great!

A few differences that I've noticed:
The PureFlow 2 feels a bit lighter. I checked and they are, but not a ton. They weigh in at only 7.2 oz!
The PureFlow 2 has assymetrical lacing. Here's a pic of the first version (purple) and the 2s (pink). You can see the difference in lacing.




You can also see in the above pic that the Nav Band is not as wide in the 2s. And the tongue of the shoe is actually connected on one side.



I'm not sure if it's the difference in lacing or the changes to the Nav Band, but the first version of the shoe caused a sore spot on the top of my foot until they were broken in. This hasn't happened with the 2s. I'm pretty happy about that!

Now that the 2s are out you can find some really good deals on the first edition of the PureFlow. Paul was even convinced to get a pair. Now we have this going on at our house...


If you'd like more info about these shoes, or any others in the PureProject line check out the Brooks website. They are offering free shipping on orders over $75. They also have a handy shoe advisor to help you pick a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment