Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello! Happy New Year! I hope this year brings you many more miles.

I've had 2 weeks of very few miles. Last week I was injured, this week I'm sick. I've been running short distances very slowly. The cold, dry air is really not good for my scratchy throat and makes me cough until I have an asthma attack.

On Saturday I had to help Paul cook all day. Literally all day. All I wanted to do was take my box of Kleenex and go to bed. I went to bed at 8:30pm and woke up at 8am Sunday. I was exhausted and felt a little better in the morning.

 On Sunday night we finally went sledding. I think we were all a bit sore the next day from all the bumps and wipe outs but we had a great time.


Those poor sleds. I borrowed them (took them without asking) from my mom, and then they got all busted up. I'm pretty sure the last time we used her sleds we broke one too. They must have a weight limit that exceeds the combined weight of 2 adults. Sorry mom. I owe you. p.s. we still used the broken sled pieces. The broken pieces fit well together to make a train...

I had a brilliant plan, it was going to be awesome, but the whole being sick thing happened. My plan was a run that started late on the night of the 31st and ended just after midnight on the 1st. Best way to celebrate a new year. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well enough to talk myself into it and fell asleep on the couch before midnight. That's the second best way to ring in the new year if you ask me.

I had to start 2013 off right so I did a slow, miserable 3 miles this morning. The only thing that kept me going was having a buddy (Paul) and pretty things to look at. I love running up here.

I know this is the part of the blog post where I'm supposed to talk about resolutions and goals for 2013, but to be honest I haven't even thought about it. I'm not really a goal setter. Maybe my resolution should be to set some goals...

What are your goals for 2013? I'm taking suggestions for mine...be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment