Friday, January 25, 2013

Perfect pizza

I think I made my favorite pizza last night. I wanted bread and melty cheese so pizza seemed like a good plan. I like making my own pizza, even more than ordering it. Making it yourself is the only way to be sure it's just the way you like it. Also, I really love a thin crispy crust, I hate deep dish greasy crust (shocking, I know).

Last night I decided to put one of my favorite combos on it. Goat cheese and red pepper. Let me tell you, it was amazing! My new favorite pizza toppings. I also used some mozzarella, you can't have too much cheese. Sadly I was in a hurry and didn't have time to mess with making crust so I bought one pre made. It was still good. Nice and crispy. I sautéed the red pepper in olive oil with some garlic, salt and pepper before putting it on the pizza.



I was planning to run today and decided that keeping it slow would be best for my complaining body. I had a few things to do around the house this morning before I could go to the gym, and had to be in Ohio at 2 so I was only able to squeeze 4 miles in. A short, slow run is still better than no run. I kept it really slow, like slower than my long run pace slow. It was just a tiny bit faster than 10 min/mile. I always feel weird about telling you my paces. Partly because I'm not speedy, but also because I don't want anyone else to feel slow and inadequate if I just happen to be faster than they are. It's really not good to compare yourself to others. I try not to. For me this run was slow, if that wouldn't be slow for you that's just fine too. All that matters is that you're doing it. There are a lot of benefits of easy runs, I just need to remember this. I'm going to work on slowing it down until I'm feeling less sore and achy.

1 comment:

  1. I've slowed all my runs down this week, and as a result my long run yesterday, was at a faster pace than my normal long runs. Granted it was on a treadmill, so I can control my pace, something I'm going to have to work on if I ever am able to run outside again. However, I did not slow them down to the pace "SmartCoach" recommended, or I think I would go nuts.

    ReplyDelete