Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Black bean taquitos

Hey guys.

Workouts:
Yesterday: 7 easy miles, treadmill progression run
Today: : 5 easy miles, treadmill progression run

Yesterday I was just trying to take it easy so I wouldn't regret my increased mileage. Most of my treadmill runs are progression runs, I start out slower and increase my speed gradually throughout the run. Usually I just increase the speed when I feel like I've adjusted to the last increase and the amount I increase by varies. I just kind of see how I feel. Generally once I hit a speed I don't go back down unless I'm done and need a cooldown.

Today I was going to do an interval run but once I got started my hips were a little tight and I didn't want to be hurting for the 7 I've got planned tomorrow. Maybe I'll throw some intervals in tomorrow.

I was feeling like I didn't give a rip today and went to the store right from the gym. No stopping at home to shower and change my clothes. Sorry other Kroger shoppers...I was as quick as I could be. We were in and out. Paul asked me to make food for him to take to a mexican themed potluck at work. I made some americanized mexican food. I guess I'd call them black bean taquitos. As with most things, I just made it up as I went along.

Here's what I used:
3 cans black beans-drained and rinsed
1 can corn-drained
8 oz cream cheese-room temp
1/2 to 3/4 cup salsa
about 1/4 cup fresh cilantro-coarsely chopped
1/2 pkg dry ranch seasoning
taco sized flour tortillas-about 20 of them
shredded mexican blend cheese-about 2 cups

I just mixed the cream cheese with the salsa, cilantro, and ranch seasoning then added the beans and corn. Then put a row of bean mixture on each tortilla, top with a pinch of cheese and roll it up. I found it was easier to roll them up if I put the beans off to one side rather than down the middle. Line them up on a baking sheet, they can be touching, and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. I baked them until the ends were golden brown. They were good! Sadly I sent them all with Paul so I have no idea what we're going to eat. I'm not cooking again today.

Quite the pile...


Then we played in the snow. I needed to shovel since it's snowing again. I knew if I let it pile up it would be really heavy. It was such a gross wet snow. We were soaked. My yard is a disgusting combination of snow, slush and mud. It's really great when 12 muddy dog feet come charging in the door. We made the best of it and had fun.





Anyone else get out and enjoy the snow today?

No comments:

Post a Comment