Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Not a Fat Tuesday

I started my day off right! I had leftovers for breakfast, a bean burrito covered with cheese and rice on the side. Lorelei ate most of my rice.

And some kombucha.



We were supposed to go home today but the roads weren't very good so we didn't. We'll try again tomorrow.

I did manage to get to my moms and do 6.5 miles on the treadmill. It was slow. At one point I realized I wasn't even breathing hard and made an effort to speed it up after that. It felt good to run for an extended period of time again, even if it was inside. And slow.

I know it's Fat Tuesday, and i married into a Polish family, but there was no way I was going to eat an extra fattening doughnut that had as many calories as I burned on my run. I burn just under 100 calories a mile so, I'd literally be eating all those calories back. You can all go and get fat without me. I did eat 2 Birthday Cake Oreos for dessert.

If you're curious to know what you burn per mile of running you can find lots of calculators online that you just plug your info into. The number it spits out on the treadmill is not accurate so don't go by that. Here is a link to one of those handy calculators. Also, here is an article about calories burned while running versus calories burned while walking. It's not the same number.

Lorelei made me an adorable Valentine today with Aunt Erynn's help.



She also picked on Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment