Monday, February 18, 2013

Rest day

Hey guys!

Yesterday I did a slow 3.1 mile run. Just a little shakeout run to get my miles in for the week. I ended up with 26.2 for the week, too perfect to plan! My legs felt tired and heavy but not sore.

Mondays are usually a planned rest day for me and I needed it today. I did do an at home workout though, mainly arms and core. Here's what I ended up doing. I just made it up as I went along.

This is what I mean by reverse tabletop extension, I got this from Women's Heath mag.



Plank up downs: get in push up position then lower (one arm at a time) onto your forearms and then raise back up to push up position. It says right arm or left arm depending on which one I started with.
Toe taps: lay on your back, raise legs and bend knees to 90 degrees. Keeping knees bent, tap toes to the floor and bring back up. I do both legs at the same time but you can alternate to make it easier.

Wild workout hair. Awesome.



The girl and I went shopping today. She needed new shoes before we go out of town this weekend. And she wanted to go to the bookstore.

Dinner was roasted parsnips, garlic green beans, a salmon burger (not to be confused with salmon patties), and Mac n cheese, for Lorelei, I'm still not feelin' pasta so I just had a taste.




If you've never roasted your root vegetables you're missing out. It's the best way to eat them.

Lorelei enjoyed the beans.



Hope you had a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Whats the recipe to a salmon burger plz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. These salmon burgers came pre made from Trader Joes. Honestly, they just look like pieces of salmon that were cut into a circle. The only ingredients on the box are salmon and some seasonings. Sorry, I know that's not much help.

      Delete