Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I don't know what to think anymore.

Well, it's been a pretty busy couple of days around here. I had lots of laundry and unpacking and house cleaning to do.

Let's get down to the important stuff, running and eating.
Yesterday I did manage to drag myself to the gym and run 6 miles. I'm starting to sound like a whiny baby because I'm complaining about 40 feeling too cold. Hello, I ran outside all winter, 40 is not cold! It was a nice easy run. I definitely earned my shower though, I was super sweaty.

I'm really happy to be home just so I can eat whatever I want to and I don't have to go anywhere to get it. Things like this...

Spinach, strawberry, mozz, cucumber, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar.

And this...

I didn't really have a recipe for this. I kept seeing chicken enchilada bake recipes on Pinterest and decided to try it out without chicken until I realized that that's all they put in it besides cheese. America, you need to eat more veggies! I decided on black beans, corn, and sautéed peppers and onion in mine. I just layered corn tortillas, green enchilada sauce, the beans, corn, and peppers and some cheese. Oh, and fresh cilantro. It was good. That salsa verde was really good too, had some kick to it.

Tonight when Paul got home from work we went for a run. The entire time we were running I just kept thinking about how badly training for this half marathon has gone and how unprepared I am for it. I mean, I'm not worried about the distance, I'm just feeling like I won't be able to do it in a time that makes me happy. The run I was in the process of doing wasn't helping matters any. It was supposed to be an easy 5 miles but it wasn't feeling all that easy. It was also really windy. I just felt out of shape and disappointed in myself. When we got home and I logged my run I saw that my pace was 8:35, which is pretty dang good for me at this point in my training. I haven't seen those numbers since December I think. So maybe I don't suck as much as I thought. Or it was just luck. Time will tell.

I also did a quick ab workout and then some post run yoga. I figured I should probably do some good stretching since I was feeling a bit tight from my run. Fingers crossed I'm not sore tomorrow.

I had a cute little yoga buddy. She's the best.





Dinner was black bean taquitos. Black beans are the best!

I also made breakfast. Blueberry oatmeal muffins.



is the recipe. It was really easy and they are good. I especially like them with some almond butter on top.

Since we're talking food, I keep hearing about people that are trying to use running to lose weight. While this can work, it's not a good idea to try to run lots of miles and seriously restrict your calories. If you're going to run long, please make sure you are fueling your body properly otherwise you're just asking for trouble. If you're just running for fitness a few miles a day is fine along with a diet, but if you run much more you need to be careful. I'm sick of hearing about all these stupid starvation diets. It's a slippery slope. Take care of yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment