Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

I'm not sure this egg dye will ever come off my fingers!
I have mixed feelings about the whole Easter bunny thing because that's not why we celebrate Easter in our family. I don't mind the Santa at Christmas thing, but Easter is too big of a deal to cheapen with silly things like that. Somehow, Lorelei already knows about the Easter bunny so we just went along with it, I don't want to ruin a three year olds fun. Actually, getting a basket full of candy and hunting for eggs is still fun, even if you don't think a silly bunny brought them. Shouldn't parents get some credit for the awesome stuff our kids get on holidays? Anyway, if you celebrate Easter, Happy Easter to you!

Down to running business. I'm having a hard time even remembering my runs from this week.
Tuesday: 6 easy
Wednesday: 5.3 Tempo
Thursday: 7.3 easy
Saturday: 13.1
Total: 31.7 miles for the week

I had some good runs...I was happy to see some in the 8s again.
Wednesday's run was at an 8:35 pace
Thursday's run was at an 8:58 pace, not bad for an easy run
Saturday's run took just over 2 hours, giving me hope that I can break 2 hours in the 1/2 in two weeks. I was suffering for the last 1.5 miles though. And my foot was really sore by the end.
My legs were dead tired on Friday so I had to cut my scheduled run out.
Some running related pics...






There was some good food...
Paul's Birthday cake, designed by Lorelei



Kale chips that were gone in a matter of minutes, there were also some roasted sweet potatoes and white bean burgers.



Leftover white bean burger with spinach and honey mustard on top for Easter breakfast? Yep. I loved it.


Post long run pizza and this...so good.



And some random pics from the week.

I'm obviously doing something wrong because I've never found riding a bike to be all that fun...













Anyone have any good runs this week?
Any really bad ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment