Monday, March 11, 2013

So, it's been awhile

My failure to update this regularly had resulted in my not remembering what the heck I've done the last 5 days. It's hard to keep myself accountable to some sort of regular running schedule and good eating habits if I fail to put it out there. What can I say, I've been busy enjoying the nice weather. So here's my best attempt at remembering.

Workouts:
Monday: 5 miles in the morning and 5 more in the eveningTuesday: 5.5 milesWednesday: 4 miles after dark
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 3.5 dark miles
Saturday: 13.3 miles
Sunday: Rest
Weekly total: 36.3 milesMonday: upper body strength training

My eating habits have been mostly bad. Things like pizza, noodles, beer and a full cookie jar.




Hey, I'm being honest. Also, I'm a real person that likes to eat crap sometimes. It happens. I'll get back to eating foods that aren't just sugar and fat as soon as those darn cookies are gone...so tomorrow. I'll also get my rear moving again tomorrow. I would have liked to run today but just couldn't. I'm not going to tell you why though. Some things are private.

In other news, the long run was great. I realized after the fact that the last time I had run over 10 miles was in October, when I ran a marathon. I guess it was time to stop taking it easy and get my long run mileage up. We kept the pace easy and finished in 2 hrs and 3 minutes ish. I guess that means I should be able to run the 1/2 in April in less than 2 hrs? I'm going to shoot for that. Tropical Skittles make good running fuel btw.

And here are some random pics from the weekend.









No comments:

Post a Comment