Thursday, December 13, 2012

6 miles, and I still love *NSYNC

I managed to get myself out of bed, eventually, and get to the gym this morning to run. I don't mind running in the cold, I actually like it a lot better than running in the heat. That's not why I suffer on the treadmill. I go to the gym because I really don't like pushing Lorelei in the stroller on runs, it's just so much harder, and Paul hasn't been getting home until it's late and dark.

Anyway, I did a really easy 6 miles today. My legs still weren't feeling it. You know how sometimes you just never feel like your legs get warmed up? That was me today. My pace ended up being 9:29 min/mile, considering my easy/conversational pace lately has been around 8:40 min/mile, it was a slow day. Also, for some reason when I run on the treadmill my normal pace feels a lot harder. I feel like it should be the opposite, but I'm always slower on the 'mill. My favorite boys from back in the day, *NSYNC, got me through it. Turns out I couldn't shame myself out of liking them.

p.s. I don't really ever share my pace, but I feel like if I'm going to talk about running I shouldn't avoid it. I'm going to try not to be so insecure about it. I know it's silly but it's something I struggle with.

The rest of the day has been spent hanging out, playing in our mud pit of a back yard. I hate mud.

See, just a tad muddy.

Then this muddy beast snuck in my bed. Good thing he's cute.

Happy Thursday!






No comments:

Post a Comment