Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy Running Day!

I realized that I haven't posted anything in quite some time and that's mostly because I just haven't felt like it. There's been a lot going on around here lately that's been pretty draining. We're in the midst of some big changes that I'll share later because I just don't want to talk about it until it's all settled. Good things (we hope) are coming for our family but it's still been draining both physically and emotionally. I don't want to be one of those people that talks all the time about the thing they won't talk about and leaves everyone hanging so instead I've just been quiet on here. I know I'm kind of doing that now, so I'm sorry.

Moving on, I've started to get back to running the last couple of weeks. There hasn't really been anything exciting happening, I've just been forcing myself to do it. Paul and I decided we should pick a marathon and sign up so we'll have some motivation but we still haven't done that. Tonight I think we decided on one. Maybe. It's been really strange for me to not really want to do the one thing that I always want to do. It's also a bummer because running is usually a great stress reliever for me and I've definitely been stressing. And I've been really busy traveling for races and graduations and bridal showers and one of my brothers is getting married this weekend. It's been fun to see all our family so often, but traveling with Lorelei and the three dogs every weekend is tiring.

You probably already know that today is National Running Day, even if you aren't a runner, unless you live under a rock with no computer. To celebrate I ran. Twice. The first run was a short 3.1 miles pushing Lorelei and the second one was 6 miles with Paul and Lorelei. Paul totally busted me for not showering between my runs. I just didn't see the point since I knew I was going to run again later. And wear the same sweaty clothes again later. Also, I'm lazy.
Lorelei takes great pictures of me. 

She's the best. I love chatting with her when we run. 


Post run snack. Yep, I ate that entire half of a watermelon by myself. I'm the only one in the house that likes it and I really like it. Paul told me he can't even stand the smell of it. What's wrong with him? Seriously. He's broken. Watermelon might be the best thing about summer. Speaking of summer, I made coffee cubes today. I can't give up my afternoon coffee but sometimes it's just too hot. I'm developing a tolerance, even a like, for cold coffee. 
Coffee and vanilla almond milk cubes. Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment