Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Ultra or not?

So, awhile ago I was kicking around the idea of running an ultra marathon. I talked myself out of it by telling myself I didn't have time for the training. Who would watch Lorelei while I'm out doing back to back long runs every weekend? I still don't have the answer to that question, but the desire to run for more than 26.2 miles is back in full force. It doesn't help that I found a local trail race in September. There are all sorts of distances including a marathon, 50k, 50 mile, 100k and 100 mile runs. I know that a 50k doesn't give you true ultra bragging rights and is basically just a stretched out marathon, but it's tempting. If I'm being honest with myself 50 miles is a bit tempting too. But so, so scary. Any encouraging or discouraging thoughts are welcome!

Yesterday I ran 5 easy miles. No biggie, nothing exciting. We also spent 2 hours at the park.





Today we went back to the park and also planted some seeds; carrots, spinach, cucumbers, summer squash and red peppers. I guess that means I've gotta make some Earth Boxes to put them in later.






When we didn't hear from Paul by 6:30 we decided to run without him. It was supposed to rain later so I didn't want to wait any longer. By .7 miles in it was really raining and we had to turn around. Lorelei was so sweet. She thanked me for trying to keep her dry, and never complained about the wind blowing the rain right into our faces. We were pretty wet though. Lame. I also squeezed in a 20 min arm workout.



For tomorrow I'm hoping to get a mid length run and some core work in. I've also got a few new recipes on the agenda this week that I'm pretty excited to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment