Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend recap

Hello!

Lets recap my week of running. It was a good one.
Monday: 7.1 miles
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 7.2 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 11.8 miles
Sunday: 5.3 miles
Total: 38.4 miles

I felt pretty good about this week. It's more than double what I did the last two weeks. And it's where I'd like to be at this point in my training this year. Something new that I did this week was only take 1 rest day, although I had a couple of short runs to make up for it so I didn't miss it. Something else new this week was not taking the day after my long run off. I always take the day after off but there was a reason not to. I still haven't decided if I'm going to do an ultra this year but Paul was smart when he told me that I should train as if I'm running one until I decide. So, in an attempt to get ready for possibly doing back to back long runs soon, I decided to do a shorter run the day after my long run. It went well, of course my long run wasn't all that long, but still.

This increase in mileage has definitely led to an increase in appetite. I've been eating more the last few day, even Paul has noticed, and he's the least observant person ever. I'm trying to make sure that I'm actually hungry before I eat, but I definitely am. I've also been trying to fill up on good things not junk. Last night's dinner was grilled veggies, goat cheese, and a baguette. The veggies we had were red peppers, asparagus, summer squash, onion, and carrots. There were also some mushrooms involved. Paul marinated everything and then grilled it. So, so good.





Post long run eats, veggie dogs!



Long run pics, it's nice to be reminded that there are nice places to run around here.






Lorelei was plane spotting.





Long run supplies, plus another 1.5 liters of water. We drank it all! Two of those bottles have Nuun in them.



Curly haired runner problems...




Hope you had a great weekend. And Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment